Saturday, March 8, 2008

"What happens in Mexico never happened"









































Clever, huh? This seemed to be a favorite saying of the tour guides. This will be the version rated for all audiences, however. We are back from Puerto Vallarta, where we stayed at a very nice resort. Minimal families with small children and very few college aged spring breakers, just mostly card carrying AARP members. The first day Jeff got in the water right away and did water aerobics with what I thought were a dozen or so 60-80 something women. Jeff claims the average age was about our age. WHATEVER! I took pictures since we weren't able to get in our room yet and we had ipods, cameras and more money than I wanted stolen on our first day there. We spent 3 days away from the resort on tours; a city tour, cultural tour (aka tequilla tasting), and a trip to las Caletas. Las Caletas is basically a cove where we could snorkel, kayak, do yoga, pose with monkeys, owls and parrots, etc. I didn't really want to snorkel so I got the guide to let Jeff snorkel without a partner, but when it was time to kayak Jeff was feeling motion sick from snorkeling and I had to find my own partner for that. I think he was punishing me! Not really, he gets sick on a tilt a whirl, but snorkeling, now that's pathetic. We both did a lot of reading, played cards, played ping pong, got massages (well Jeff had one, I had a few) and ate very well, of course. Friday we got a little crazy and had a few to many bloody marys by the pool. At 5pm I had a massage and when I got back to the room and Jeff asked how it was, I said,"I'm sure it was good". Our dinner reservations were for 8:30. There is a photo of me after my shower, before dinner, sitting on a chair in our room telling Jeff that, "this is why I don't drink--very much--usually". Today it is back to reality, I'm glad we have a day back before we have to go back to work. Below is a video from our trip to Las Caletas when we watched a mother whale teaching her baby to breach.

No comments: