Friday, February 8, 2008

Another One Bites The Dust

I know this is not a nice title, however, they are the first words I said to Aaron when we were leaving home to pick Jeff up at the airport and I saw this scene. Not a nice way for the drywallers to end their day. While Aaron was home during Christmas break he drove my 4 runner off the driveway and it slipped all the way down to the wire fence. That was about halfway between where this truck is and the end of our driveway. Jeff teased Aaron mercilessly following with taunts like, "Aaron I tried to recreate the scene by closing my eyes, driving real fast, then slow, close to the edge and I even stopped at the garbage can to throw away my Caribou coffee cup but I couldn't go off the driveway." That was after we paid to tow the truck out and everyone's mood improved a little.

This is all I have to offer for the week, as I tend to stay out of the way while they are working. It's been since Sunday night that I was in the house. First thing tomorrow morning, Jeff (he's sleeping now-claims traveling is exhausting) will beckon me to come and look and take lots of pictures and post them. I have been watching anxiously for painting to begin. I watch Abby's window waiting to see the lovely shade of pink we compromised on. Her Daddy got to make the final decision (lest I be allowed too much power). I got to buy her green curtains and curtain rod with green polka dotted balls on the end. I haven't lost any sleep yet, but I am a tinsy bit anxious to see it all. Aaron only grunted when he was shown the color red that will be on the wall behind his bed. I'm really not sure if we were primed today or if that is yet to come. At any rate I should see paint next week.

No comments: